I promise I will lay off the broccoli for a while after this week – I know you’re probably over there like Is this Bummed Out Baker or Bummed Out Broccoli, amirite? But if you are in fact like oh waw I love broccoli, here’s another recipe: Shredded Broccoli Salad. I just like it a bunch.
Keeping with last week’s theme of super easy, quick, and tasty, here’s a way to revitalize your roasted broccoli go-to.
2 heads of broccoli, chopped into florets of similar size
2 t olive oil
1 t sea salt
1 t black pepper
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 T lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss broccoli, oil, salt, pepper, and garlic together in a large bowl.
- Spread broccoli in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of your florets (longer for bigger). Remove from oven and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice over broccoli before serving.
- Optional: top broccoli with lemon zest for extra tang.
Serves four as a side dish.
Adapted from Roasted Garlic Lemon Broccoli.
Subscribe at the bottom of Bummed Out Baker to get new recipes emailed to you every Monday – Follow on Facebook for mental health articles and discussion – Follow on Instagram for more food pics, behind-the-scenes, and my begrudging meat-eating husband captured in the wild.